Some Fine Print
- Bike Lady, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax exempt entity incorporated in the State of Ohio. All donations are tax deductible in accordance with IRS guidelines
- ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of all monetary donations are used to purchase bicycles, helmets, and locks which are donated to Ohio county children services agencies in the same year they are purchased/acquired
- All physical donations such as bikes, helmets, locks are also donated, in total, to Ohio county child protective services agencies
- Bike Lady is not directly involved in determining which children receive bikes, but all recipients are temporary or permanent wards of the State of Ohio through county child protective services
- Approximately 40% of our donations are corporate or organizational in nature, and 60% from private individuals
- EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS. Please never think a donation is too small
At Bike Lady, we take primarily monetary donations, but we do accept donations of NEW bikes/helmets/locks.
If you have USED bikes that NEED REFURBISHED, we recommend you donate them to Franklinton Cycle Works or Third-Hand Bicycle Co-op.
If you have USED bikes in LIKE-NEW condition, these organizations would love to have them. Call first for drop off times / locations.
Homeless Family Foundation
Gahanna Residents in Need (GRIN)
Westerville Area Resource Ministry (WARM)
The Brian Muha Foundation
Developmental Assets Resource Network (DARN) in Bexley
About the founder
Kate Koch, 49, is a resident of Gahanna, OH and a native of Grandview Heights, OH - both in the Columbus area. She was a foster parent with Franklin County Children Services and adopted her children after fostering them since their birth. She is a single mother, and works full time as a business development professional focused on streaming media hardware/software technology.
Kate believes in the the unparalleled magic of the holiday season and the power of a bicycle to change a young life for the better. Ironically, she had never been a cyclist until 2013 when her sister did for her what Team Bike Lady does for others: Gave her the gift of a bike.